By Holly Barr at June 18, 2012 | 8:33 pm | 0 Comment
Super tasty food!
Self taught chef, Dave Weisner creates impressive flavors and now enters into competition against formally trained chefs.
David (Dave) Weisner of Siena Bistro is one of the chefs going to be featured at the second annual Chefs of Compassion through West Valley Food Community Services.
The event draws 200+ people at $100 each to taste foods created by local chefs from selected ingredients found at the food bank. There are four courses and each chef is featured in a short film at the event held this year at Lexus of Steven Creek in San Jose.
Dave was filmed today (the one day a week Siena is closed- although we give him a hard time that he needs to be open on Mondays!) and the event is slated for September 14, 2012. Good food for a great cause!
For more information: http://www.chefsofcompassion.org/
Arts & Culture , Community Service , Eat, Drink and Be Merry , Food and Drink
By Greg Barr at April 3, 2012 | 5:41 pm | 0 Comment
The Metro just published their 2012 “Best of the Silicon Valley” list that reflects editor’s picks and reader voting, and Willow Glen is pretty well represented! In each category they named one winner and two runners up. Here’s our list of the Willow Glen businesses that were recognized as either.
Shops and Services
- Best Clothing Boutique: Bella James, 1151 Lincoln Ave.
- Best Yoga Studio: Willow Glen Yoga, 1188 Lincoln Ave.
- Best Dentist: Willow Glen Dentistry, 1245 Lincoln Ave.
- Best Teeth Whitening: Willow Glen Dental Care, 1600 Willow St.
- Best Massage: La Concha Spa, 1042 Lincoln Ave.
- Best Bike Shop/Maker: Hyland Cycles, 1515 Meridian Ave.
- Best Bike Mechanic: Mark Sanfilippo, Hyland Cycles, 1515 Meridian Ave.
- Best Communal Dining Experience: Hay Market, 1185 Lincoln Ave.
- Best New Restaurant: Hay Market, 1185 Lincoln Ave.
- Best Sushi: Kazoo, 1165 Lincoln Ave. (and other locations)
- Best Barbeque: Sams BBQ, 1110 S. Bascom Ave., and Blue Rock BBQ, 3001 Meridian Ave.
- Best Burger: Kirk’s Steakburgers, 2388 S. Bascom Ave
- Best Pizza (Regional Group): Pizza My Heart, 1390 Lincoln and other locations
- Best Dining Value: Aqui Cal-Mex, 1145 Lincoln and other locations
- Best Restaurant Patio: Aqui Cal-Mex Willow Glen location, 1145 Lincoln
- Best Coffee Roaster: Willow Glen Coffee Roasting, 1383 Lincoln
Gettin’ Your Drink On
News , Recommendations
By Holly Barr at March 10, 2012 | 9:10 pm | 0 Comment
For a fantastic sandwich piled high with fresh meat and fixin’s or a local steak to take home for dinner try a hidden treasure known as Willow Glen Meats and Smokehouse. Six years ago the Coletti family, namely Johnny Chiala, purchased Ralphs custom smoke house and renamed it Willow Glen Meats. Johnny is also the proprietor of of Los Gatos Meats and his son in law Jeff Coletti runs the Willow Glen smokehouse. Both Willow Glen Meats and Los Gatos Meats have a great reputaion for creating custom and local steaks, smoking meats, preparing meat from local farmers and wild game processing . If you are looking for a new place for lunch or would like to pick up something for dinner, shop local and give it a try.
885 Delmas Ave. 95125
Eat, Drink and Be Merry , Food and Drink